Assistant Project Manager - High Profile Academic Projects
Join a growing team at a reputable firm
Work on projects valued up to $100M
About Our Client
My client is a very reputable GC location in downtown Boston, MA. They are doing $250M in annual revenue and work on high profile academic and complex life science projects valued up to $100M. They offer a family-oriented environment, strong internal culture, and tenured client relationships. They are actively looking for an Assistant Project Manager to help make an immediate impact on upcoming projects.
As the Assistant Project Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Responsible for managing day-to-day project activities. Under the supervision of a Project Manager he/she is responsible for analyzing, monitoring, and preparing cost exposure reports and cash flow projections, maintaining comprehensive budgets, monitoring and maintaining schedules;
- Manages daily staff assignments and participates in monthly staff meetings;
- Participates in all project meetings, takes meeting minutes and distributes to all project team members in a timely fashion;
- Assists in the preparation of all RFP/bid packages and managing the bid process
- Responsible for solicitation, evaluation and selection of the architect, other sub-consultants and the contractor/s;
- During the design management process, assists in the preparation of estimates and value engineering analysis, peer reviews.
- Processes all submittals, requests for information, shop drawings, substitution requests, change proposals and change orders;
- Assists in the preparation of daily, weekly and monthly reports that discuss, in detail, the status of the project.
Apply today for immediate consideration!
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelors Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related.
- Experience (2-5 years) in construction including estimating, plan reading, construction trades knowledge, general building code knowledge, take off calculations for estimating, scheduling, material ordering and strong knowledge in general construction processes.
- Strong familiarity with OSHA and construction site safety regulations.
- Experience overseeing and reviewing the work of sub-contractors for satisfactory performance and trade interface.
- Experience with MS Office Excel and Word, good computer skills are required.
- Familiarity with MS Project, CPM Scheduling and estimating software is desirable.
- Knowledge of construction bidding and construction submittals is desirable.
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Life insurance
- 401K match
- Direct mentorship
- Career progression and development