Assistant Project Manager - Light Industrial Construction
Construction Management Opportunity to Grow Career
Strong project pipeline moving forward
About Our Client
Our client has over 60 years of experience in the Southeast with a wide portfolio of complex manufacturing facilities and light industrial builds. Family owned business with values instilled in respect, integrity, collaboration, and relationships.
- Assists Project Manager to determine resources needed - people, tools, equipment, materials and internal services for each project. Collaborate with Project Manager to decide how and when those needs will be met and by whom.
- The majority of work is completed at the corporate office in Atlanta and approximately 30% will be on the job-site. Due to daily condition changes on construction projects, when employees are outside of the office trailer or structure, they must wear appropriate personal protective equipment as required by the company's safety policies and as required for weather conditions.
- The project team and/or team member may need to move to other projected work geographic locations, if necessary.
- Assists with Preconstruction Services to prepare, review, and monitor information and reports related to all costs involved in assigned projects.
- Assists Project Manager with construction schedule and an organization and responsibilities matrix at the start of each project.
- Assists Project Manager in defining responsibilities for processing submittals including taking ownership of more difficult trades in cases of limited staff.
- Confirms all required paperwork from subcontractors and suppliers is completed at appropriately designated times before and during the project.
The Successful Applicant
- BS in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field
- 1-2 years in the construction industry, more experience preferred
- Prioritizes and delegates multiple responsibilities to others.
- Supervises and develops direct reports to assess and build talent.
- Demonstrates leadership skills with ability and willingness to face challenges, solve problems, motivate others, and sell new business.
- Demonstrates proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools, such as email, internet, Bluebeam, OnScreen Takeoff and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook)
What's on Offer
Competitive compensation and benefits packages, including paid vacation and holidays, medical insurance, vehicle allowance, phone allowance, and company matching 401(k).