Assistant Superintendent - Charleston, SC
Top 300 ENR Firm and several awards won for quality work.
Opportunity to build your career off a stable and growing company.
About Our Client
Commercial and Multifamily builder in the Charleston area seeking an Assistant Superintendent that will be responsible for assisting oversight of ground up, commercial and multifamily projects which includes, but is not limited to: managing subcontractors, scheduling, overseeing designated scopes of the project, and maintaining time and budget for the project to ensure it sees successful completion. This position is local to Charleston, SC. If this is something you'd be interested in, read the job description and apply to the associated link.
Apply now for immediate consideration!
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Key responsibilities for the Assistant Superintendent include:
- Partner with Superintendent to budget, manage and forecast subcontractor labor, equipment, materials, small tools, consumables and general conditions
- Read and interpret specifications and plans to determine requirements and planning procedures
- Supervise, order and coordinate activities of labor, subcontractors and deliveries
- Maintain quality control by frequent and regular inspection of work-in-progress
- Complete all reports and records in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure adherence to company safety and insurance policies, protocols and OSHA compliance
- Analyze subcontractor and production problems
- Conduct and participate in safety and subcontractor progress meetings
The Successful Applicant
- 3+ years of field experience in Construction
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture, or related discipline
- 2+ ground up commercial or multifamily projects or large renovations
- Fast learner with strong work ethic
- Positive, driven attitude
- Solid analytical, problem solving, organizational, and communication skills
- Computer knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite and Procore
Apply within the next 24 hours for immediate consideration.
What's on Offer
- $75k+ base salary (dependent on experience)
- Multiple avenues for bonus - project based and company profitability
- Full healthcare benefits package
- Truck allowance or company vehicle
- Company phone or cell phone allowance
- All projects local to the Charleston area
Interested? You could be the fit! Send in your resume to be considered for this role.