- Diverse set of projects
- Benefits package and half-day Fridays year-round
About Our Client
One of Chicago's fastest growing companies. This construction company, based in Chicago, has a track record for excellence resulting from a combination of wide-ranging experience, exceptional teamwork, and phenomenal growth. Their pipeline is significantly higher than anticipated for the next couple years. Additionally, our client places a strong emphasis on positive company culture and they want to grow their team with strong construction professionals.
- Project Portfolio: commercial, residential, health care
- Project Locations: Mainly Chicagoland area
- Family oriented culture
- Solid leadership out of top general contractors
- Hands off management approach
- Great relationships with subcontractors
- Strong pipeline of projects through 2022 leading into 2023
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- As an Assistant Superintendent you will be responsible for assisting the Superintendent on the master plan of the project
- Direct, coordinate, and facilitate meetings for subcontractors, architects, and local authorities
- Actively assist in management of subcontractors, schedule, budget, and time-line on high-profile multifamily construction projects across Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Enforce all OSHA safety rules.
- Prepare & distribute focus schedules.
- Coordinate all required inspections (municipal, material, etc.).
- Identify schedule slippage & provide a recovery plan.
- Prepare & distribute detailed Daily Construction Reports (DCRs).
- Host weekly subcontractor coordination meetings & provide detailed meeting minutes.
- Hold start-up meetings with subcontractors to review scope of work, schedule & safety requirements.
- Support logistics planning.
- Manage QA / QC program, including inspecting & approving the work product.
- Assist in the preparation of RFIs, providing recommended solutions for consideration.
- Seek opportunities to enhance project efficiency.
- Manage efficient & timely project close-out including punch list completion, as-built review, attic stock demobilization, etc.
- Maintain current OSHA required certifications (30-hour, CPR, scaffold, etc.)
The Successful Applicant
- Experience working on large commercial and/or residential projects
- 1+ Years of construction experience as an assistant superintendent
- Ability to effectively lead and communicate with owners and peers
- Eager to grow into a lead superintendent
- Ability to travel within Minneapolis as needed.
- Exceptional organization, time-management and leadership skills
What's on Offer
- A competitive base salary between $65,000-$90,000 (Depending on Experience)
- Competitive bonus structure, project/profit based. Typically between $8,000-$15,000 in the first year)
- Medical insurance including dental and vision (100% coverage for individual and dependents)
- Generous 401K structure
- Gas card
- Company profit sharing
- Robust career advancement opportunity
- Strong training programs
- 10 PTO Days
- Company wide events
- Gas/fuel card offered
- Company Vehicle offered
- Company phone and laptop provided
- DE&I Initiative