- Reputable GC with steady project pipeline and room for growth
- Incredible benefits, culture, and work-life balance
About Our Client
Our client is a full-service General Contractor/Construction Manager that has been in business for 15+ years. This company, which is experiencing rapid growth, is renowned in the Northern Jersey area. Team members are valued beyond the projects, which contributes to the strong company culture. Our client is currently seeking a motivated Project Manager to join their growing team who is looking to grow with the business.
Responsibilities for the Assistant Superintendent will include:
- Enforce the Company's safety program
- Assist the Project Superintendent to ensure on-time project completion by working with the project team to manage schedule, material deliveries, and manpower on site.
- Participate in the development of the initial schedule and evaluate and update monthly, schedules as required to ensure that construction activities progress according to schedule
- Work with the Project Superintendent to provide project oversight anticipating and avoiding potential issues that can negatively impact schedule and budget.
- Assist with the implementation and enforcement of the Company's quality control program to achieve quality workmanship in accordance with project requirements.
- Assist in preparation for preconstruction meetings with each subcontractor in advance of the start of each feature of work.
- Keep up to date with the submittal and request for information processes, to ensure project requirements are met.
- Assist in the management of the inspection process for all required agencies and permit types (I.e. Building, Trade, Use, and Occupancy) as required.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Assistant Superintendent will have:
- At least five (5) years of experience in the construction industry.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and demands.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
What's on Offer
The offer to the Assistant Superintendent will include:
- Competitive base salary
- Discretionary bonus
- Truck allowance
- Cell phone and laptop
- Paid time off and sick days
- Excellent benefits - health, medical, vision, dental
- 401k plan available