- Competitive Salary!
- High-profile projects!
About Our Client
Michael Page is partnered with a reputable Boston-based General Contractor that is a leader in the high-end multi-family, mixed use and commercial projects across Boston and it's surrounding areas. Apply today for immediate consideration!
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
As an Assistant Superintendent, you will be responsible for:
- Assist in maintaining a safe job site.
- Supervise and direct onsite hourly employees.
- Assist in the reviewing project plans and subcontractor scopes of work looking to identify gaps in the coverage of work, then works with superintendent to fill those scope gaps and to identify any errors, omissions, or duplications. Assist in bring those to the attention of the Superintendent and project team. Assist in the generation of RFIs for any issues and follow through on responses.
- Control and plan the use of space on site including traffic of personnel and vehicles into and out of site.
- In connection with the Superintendent, lead, and coordinate inspections with the governing jurisdiction and liaise with inspectors for all authorities having jurisdiction.
- Advise Superintendent of subcontractor issues.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of punch lists for various stages of construction. Framing, Rough-in, Finishes, etc.
- Assist in the documentation of required daily, weekly and monthly photos and product documentation for the ESDS checklist.
- Attend meetings (in office trailer only) and document/manage delivery schedules, RFI's, submittals, field directives, safety communications (including safety records, incident reports, schedule/coordinate trainings, etc.) and other necessary construction documentation as needed. Follow up on meeting minutes issues that require attention
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Assistant Superintendent will have:
- 3+ years of experience as an Assistant Superintendent
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field preferred
- Motivated to work in a high volume and fast paced environment
- Eager to grow within the company
- Ability to work independently and within a team setting
What's on Offer
The Assistant Superintendent role offers:
- Competitive base salary - up to $100,000
- Comprehensive health benefits - 100% employer paid
- Life insurance
- Direct mentorship
- 401K with match
- 2-3 weeks PTO depending on experience