- Opportunity to work with a top Minnesota General Contractor
- Excellent Compensation package and benefits
About Our Client
A General Contractor that focuses on the development of its employees, career growth and leadership opportunities. This general contractor has a growing portfolio and is excited to bring on a few additional people to the team including an Assistant Superintendent with at least 1 year of experience in the construction industry. Apply now to be considered within 24 hours.
- As an Assistant Superintendent you will be responsible for assisting the Superintendent on the master plan of the project
- Direct, coordinate, and facilitate meetings for subcontractors, architects, and local authorities
- Actively assist in management of subcontractors, schedule, budget, and time-line on high-profile multifamily construction projects across Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Enforce all OSHA safety rules.
- Prepare & distribute focus schedules.
- Coordinate all required inspections (municipal, material, etc.).
- Identify schedule slippage & provide a recovery plan.
- Prepare & distribute detailed Daily Construction Reports (DCRs).
- Host weekly subcontractor coordination meetings & provide detailed meeting minutes.
- Hold start-up meetings with subcontractors to review scope of work, schedule & safety requirements.
- Support logistics planning.
- Manage QA / QC program, including inspecting & approving the work product.
- Assist in the preparation of RFIs, providing recommended solutions for consideration.
- Seek opportunities to enhance project efficiency.
- Manage efficient & timely project close-out including punch list completion, as-built review, attic stock demobilization, etc.
- Maintain current OSHA required certifications (30-hour, CPR, scaffold, etc.)
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Experience working on large projects, commercial / light industrial experience preferred
- 1+ Years of construction experience as an assistant superintendent
- Ability to effectively lead and communicate with owners and peers
- Eager to grow into a lead superintendent
- Ability to travel within Minneapolis as needed.
- Exceptional organization, time-management and leadership skills
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary ($60,000-$90,000)
- Fast track to a superintendent position
- Vehicle, health benefits, PTO and a year-end bonus.
- Opportunity to work on high profile projects in the area
- Extensive bonus potential
- Maternity / Paternity Leave
- Company sponsored events / trips
- Fast tracked career progression
- Excellent training and development
- Ability to oversee some of the largest projects in the Twin-Cities