Portland based General Contractor with growing pipeline!
Looking for an experienced commercial retail local to the Portland area!
About Our Client
A well-established general contractor who specializes in a wide range of commercial and residential properties. The company is established and known for retention of employees, making this a secure move, especially when one considers their steady backlog of work.
Responsibilities Will Include But Not Be Limited To:
- Provide bid and proposal support during the pre-construction, and construction phases.
- Assist the Construction Manager in identifying bidders, obtaining pricing, and evaluating proposals.
- Prepare and maintain daily logs and weekly reports throughout the construction process.
- Oversee and coordinate all Building & Safety and City Planning and utility company inspections as required.
- Perform a daily safety walk and implement corrective actions as required to ensure that the project is safe.
- Maintain construction inventory of company owned equipment, furniture, materials, etc.
- Oversee the quality control and assure product transition to the Management Company or Buyer.
- Work with Superintendent to prepare all weekly subcontractor coordination, scheduling, and safety meetings.
- Monitor all safety procedures, maintain a clean, safe site at all times and verify OSHA safety practices are followed.
- Oversee and Manage all onsite activity throughout the construction process (including all subcontractors, assistants and labor) on all levels and ensure a timely and quality completion of project.
The Successful Applicant
- 5+ years' of industry experience
- Experience as an Assistant Superintendent on Commercial Retail projects
- Thorough knowledge of plans and contract documents
- Proficient management, leadership and computer skills
- Must possess knowledge of all OSHA and EPA Regulations as they apply to construction field operations
What's on Offer
A few of the many perks offered by our client are:
- Competitive pay
- Full benefits package