- Growing, but well-established national developer of apartments
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and growth opportunities!
About Our Client
Join a well-established self performing developer with a footprint from coast to coast! The company's leadership team has extensive experience building projects ranging from small projects to large, from apartments to towers to dormitories to senior living. As they establish and expand their project pipeline in New Jersey, they are seeking an Assistant Multifamily Superintendent to join the team as the #2 person on site.
The Multifamily Construction Superintendent will:
- Monitor the project schedule, budget and work with superintendents to maintain and update.
- Assist in coordinating daily operational objectives, timelines, and goals.
- Coordinate inspections and participate in the examination and inspection of work progress, equipment, and construction sites to verify safety and to ensure that specifications are met.
- Record and maintain information and produce reports such as personnel, production, project logs, status and other operational data.
- Assist in making decisions regarding start up/shut down issues on assigned projects and instruct crew members accordingly.
- Conduct periodic job site safety inspections and audits.
- Ensure that all assigned projects are built in the highest quality, according to plans and specs provided.
- Act as jobsite super in absence of Sr Superintendent.
- Create and maintain good working relationships with customers and suppliers to keep smooth flow of operations.
- Assist in coordination and management of all workforce needed to complete assigned projects.
- Set goals and expectations to crew members, including but not limited to, allotted work hours, amount of work to be completed, schedule, etc.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
The Multifamily Construction Superintendent should have:
- 3-5+ years of construction superintendent experience
- OSHA certification preferred
- Experience with production finishes for stick frame over podium style multifamily buildings
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Knowledge of scheduling, cost control and safety procedures
- General Computer skills (MS Office)
- Valid Driver's License Required
What's on Offer
The Multifamily Construction Superintendent will receive:
- Competitive base salary
- Discretionary bonus structure
- Truck allowance
- Cell phone and laptop
- Paid time off and sick days
- Excellent benefits - health, medical, vision, dental
- 401k plan available