Assistant Traveling Superintendent
One of the country's oldest and most well-respected General Contractors
Traveling role- See the country!
About Our Client
Our Client is an incredibly established General Contractor in Indianapolis. With a focus on Multifamily and TI this firm is working on some of Indianapolis's most prominent and high profile projects. Their commitment to employee success is unparalleled, and they are looking for a strong Superintendent to grow and develop with their resources and expertise.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Coordinate with Preconstruction Services during the preparation of estimates, buyout regarding methods, systems, schedule and general conditions.
- Delegate and monitor team members with various tasks at start and throughout all phases of project.
- Monitor the development of the project expediting log and update status weekly with project staff. Update project schedule procurement activities accordingly.
- Create and execute project preplanning activities with subcontractors to ensure coordinated efforts.
- Coordinate subcontractors, architects, inspectors and suppliers to resolve any problems with materials or methods.
- Inspect work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules.
- Document onsite activities in the daily report, including verbal directives, delays, progress photos, weather conditions and onsite manpower.
- Develop the detailed construction phase schedule for the project and update weekly to ensure critical path activities and milestones are being achieved. Develop recovery plans to mitigate any delays to the critical path of the project.
- Establish and maintain an effective and professional onsite working relationship with Owner, Architects, Consulting Engineers and other parties related to the project.
- Supervise and train employees.
- Enforce a safe work environment, practices and culture on the project.
- Assist in the planning and monitoring of the quality control program.
The Successful Applicant
- SOME GROUND UP CONSTRUCTION EXPERIENCE REQUIRED (Internships approved)
- MUST BE OPEN TO 100% TRAVEL
- 1+ years experience in commercial construction preferred
- Excellent communication and on site learning skills
What's on Offer
- Experience working on a diverse portfolio of projects
- Competitive salaries, car allowance
- Strong reputation in the Midwest
- Clear communication, great work environment
- Employee-centric environment
- Opportunity to travel around the country
- Per diem benefits