Assistant Vice President, Legal
Opportunity to enhance skill set / practice area. This is NOT a siloed role.
Ability to work at one of the world's most diversified banks.
About Our Client
As one of the world's most internationalized and diversified banks, my client provides a comprehensive range of financial services to customers around the world. My client's core business is commercial banking, including corporate banking, personal banking, and financial market services. My client has consistently upheld the spirit of "pursuing excellence" throughout their history and continue to do so in today's evolving economy with their commitment to reform, innovation, and making people as prevalent in their daily decisions as ever.
The Assistant Vice President, Legal will prepare standard loan documentation for complex credit and lending transactions with clients, including loans secured by financial assets and real estate and syndication loan document review, analysis, and advisory. In addition, the individual in this role will assist in advising the business on complex transactions and initiatives related to the Client lending and coordinating with other attorneys and legal personnel, and supporting business units regarding cross-border transactions, coordinating closing and funding and handling post-closing as required.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have the following:
- The successful candidate will have a JD from an accredited institution
- The successful candidate will have between 2-5 years of experience post JD (i.e. '17 JD - '13 JD)
- The successful candidate will be barred in the State of New York.
- The successful candidate will have experience representing various lenders and will have a background in trade finance.
- The successful candidate will have prior experience at a financial institution but candidates coming directly from a law firm will be strongly considered for the role as well.
What's on Offer
An opportunity for an attorney to enhance his or her specialist knowledge in varied bank credit and lending transactions and federal and state regulatory work pertinent to foreign banks. This position will also have the opportunity to gain skill sets in corporate generalist work as well.