- Opportunity to join a growing firm in a fast paced/dynamic environment!
- Highly visible role and ability to work on critical and innovative projects
About Our Client
Our client is a large Bank
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Responsibilities include advising Treasury and Trade Solutions business units on a broad range of cross-border global trade related transactions governed by English law, including bilateral and syndicated trade loan facilities, accounts receivable financing, import/export financing, bill of exchange discounting, letter of credit transactions, financial asset sales and participations, commodities finance, trade services transactions, and export collections in established and emerging markets.
- Responsibilities also include providing advice under English law regarding Trade product structures and documentation and advising business units, branches, subsidiaries, and affiliates located in London, Dublin, and other Trade business units across the EMEA region.
- The attorney will also work with control functions such as Regulatory, Compliance, Risk, Finance, and Tax on issues affecting the Trade business and will work on regional and global projects and initiatives, such as digitization of Trade products (including electronic signatures) and other policies aimed at enhancing risks and controls.
- The attorney will be expected to become familiar with laws and customary practices applicable to the relevant businesses including the Bills of Exchange Act, ICC rules including ISP98 and UCP600, and English law relating to assignments, security, and contracts.
The Successful Applicant
- 5+ years of experience of law firm, in-house, or comparable experience in global trade related products and transactions, secured lending, asset-based lending, or other transactional experience involving finance.
- Comprehensive knowledge of laws and practices, including with respect to cross border transactions and their corresponding legal implications
- Familiar with technology and digital tools in order to support the development and expansion of digital channels and other electronic product offerings
- Bar license in good standing to practice law in the State of Florida, or admitted to the bar and in good standing in such other state or jurisdiction (such as English law qualification), and have the ability to obtain Authorized House Counsel (AHC) in the State of Florida
- English law qualified candidates huge plus
- Prior experience with ESG (Environmental Social Governance) lending is a plus
- Familiarity with U.S. Basel regulations is a plus
What's on Offer
Commensurate on experienceWill offer relo assistance if needed
Currently remote, plan to have hybrid working schedule in office