- 7+ years experience managing repositioning assets and compliance process
- strong understanding of all DOB requirements & property management
About Our Client
A fully integrated New York Real Estate Investor, Developer and Manager is seeking a skilled Associate / AVP of Asset Management (Property Management) to join their growing team. With over 75 years of experience they specialize in commercial, retail, multifamily and industrial assets throughout the United State. The ideal Associate / AVP of Asset Management (Property Management) will have a strong understanding of all aspects of leasing, construction, and compliance throughout all stages of a project.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Associate / AVP of Asset Management (Property Management) will:
- During the execution phase, prepare contract summaries for the project team, identifying key terms and conditions and obligations. Support the project teams throughout the projects lifecycles to ensure compliance with contract obligations is maintained.
- Coordinate with the project teams in the preparation of subcontracts, purchase contracts, purchase orders (including internal reviews) and approve final documents.
- Coordinate with project teams in the preparation of notices, correspondence, change order requests, and sub-trade change orders.
- Ensure that the project teams are risk aware and that they prepare and maintain risk registers through ongoing risk management.
- Acting as owner's agent to complete Planned Work Applications (PW1's) and associated project filings with governmental agencies, e.g., NYC, DOB, DEP, FDNY, DSNY, EPA, DOT, etc. o Coordinating submission of permit filing applications with Tenant Coordination, Property Management, and Capital Projects teams.
- Manage all operation, construction, maintenance and administrative contract matters for the Company. Ensure all contracts are executed and ensure compliance with contracts. Larger development contracts are handled by outside counsel.
- Draft and negotiate various agreements e.g. Contractor Agreement, Construction Agreement Design Services Agreements, etc. and ensure RFQ/RFP submissions are compliant and risks are identified and addressed within the submissions
- During the bid phase, review bid documentation and make recommendations to management in respect of bidding.
- Support the defense of claims arising from the Company and fairly evaluating the claims ensuring that the required level of substantiation and quantification is provided to support their claims.
- Draft & support implementation of processes for efficient and streamlined operations surrounding contract management
- Tax Cert Coordination: coordinate with 3rd party to provide information for filings.
- Lease Abstract Administration: coordinate with 3rd party lease abstracting company to ensure timely completion of lease abstracts and track receipt of same.
- Management of Administrative Team
- Coordination of COPE reports (insurance coordination)
- Assist with Risk Management objectives as needed
The Successful Applicant
The successful Associate / AVP of Asset Management (Property Management) will:
- You've completed a number of building projects through all phases of Design, Construction and Move-in, on-time, within budget, and within scope of work.
- You have a track record of overseeing all compliance and contracts coordination on commercial, residential and retail assets
- Demonstrated organizational, problem-solving, analytical and technical skills
- Self-directed, experienced leader and financial executive with appropriate industry experience
- Self-starter that can work independently and be an effective member of senior management
- Capable of multi-tasking; balancing multiple objectives to a successful conclusion
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and ARGUS required. Experience with Yardi and Kardin is a plus but not required
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member while keeping management/peers apprised on a regular basis
- High degree of personal and professional integrity
- Bachelor's Degree in finance, real estate, accounting, or related field
What's on Offer
Strong base + bonus