Associate Brand Manager - Consumer Goods
To be part of one of the core brands of the company
You will lead IRI & Nielsen analysis and support the brand's strategy
About Our Client
Our client is a fast growing consumer goods company looking for an experienced Associate Brand Manager who is looking for more autonomy and more exposure to make innovative changes to this brand.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Business Analysis (40%) - Work with marketing associate for guidance to create reports and provide analyses of sales trends by brand, SKU and customer. Proactively mine data to anticipate problems, identify opportunities and to understand competitive activity and its impact on the brands. Create situational assessments and go forward recommendations for the brands as a key input into Our Client annual planning process.
- Marketing Program Development and Execution (40%) - Work with marketing associate to become an expert on the Category consumer, to include: demographics, purchase behavior, market segmentation, current trends and need gaps by reviewing existing marketing research and by participating in the design and execution of new research. Utilize consumer insights in recommending and reviewing marketing programs. Lead the execution of marketing programs including digital, e-commerce, generating quotes, managing timelines, project management oversight to keep moving forward, as well as, handling agency and providing feedback on creative ventures. The ABM's role also requires the ability to partner with external suppliers including advertising, social media, digital and PR agencies, graphics and promotion firms. The ABM shall also create purchase requisitions and manage payment of invoices for marketing programs.
- Customer Marketing, Sales and Category Management Liaison (20%) - Partner with marketing associate and Trade Marketing to ensure brand strategies and plans are clearly communicated throughout the sales organization. Lead the creation of sales materials for new items and programs. Provide Category Management with meaningful category and consumer insights.
The Successful Applicant
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A PROFESSIONAL WITH EXPERIENCE IN BRAND MANAGEMENT IN CONSUMER GOODS.
IT WOULD BE A PLUS TO HAVE ADVANCED SPANISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE, BUT NOT A MUST.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH THE U.S DOMESTIC MARKET AND NATIONAL RETAILERS.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES REQUIRED TO SUCCESSFULLY PERFORM MAJOR DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Passion for brands, marketing and business development.
- Strong analytical skills to mine data and create analyses (P&L).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to work cross-functionally.
- Good leadership and project management skills to build effective teams and keep tasks on track.
- Good strategic thinking skills and ability to recommend focused plans to capitalize on opportunities.
- Understanding of marketing strategies, tactics and communication media for brand building.
- General understanding of consumer research methodologies.
- General financial acumen to understand P&L statements and ROI analysis.
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint.
- Ability to use Nielsen and IRI (or other syndicated data source).
- Ability to use SAP & One-World Sync preferred
- Ability to assist in development and rollout of new products.
What's on Offer
As a BRAND owner, the Associate Brand Manager helps to define, protect and deliver upon the brand's positioning and equity to achieve financial well-being for their brands. This position requires the ability to work independently to provide analyses of sales and industry trends.
It also requires leadership of cross functional teams consisting of members from Sales, Customer Marketing, Operations, R&D and Finance in identifying and innovating solutions to business issues and opportunities. This position has shared responsibility with the Brand Manager in sales and for managing our consumer investment budget. This role will require ~10% annual travel.
This is a growing company, thus if you are looking for more ownership and ability to drive results in a brand, this is a very good opportunity.
Our client is looking to grow the US general market, but it is still a company in transformation, thus you must have the ability to work under pressure and be a generalist when needed.
If you have US market CPG experience and is open to move to Houston, our client will consider relocation.
Experience with Nielsen and IRI analytics are a must.