- One of the Largest and Fastest Online Retailers!
- Hybrid Schedule
About Our Client
One of the world's largest and fastest growing online retailers. They have over a decade of experience building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors in over 160 markets worldwide. Their in-house teams create brilliant digital brand experiences built on our bespoke proprietary technology platform, that is used by hundreds of millions of people around the world today.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Manage day to day activity for category vendors; build positive working relationships and partner closely with vendors to support and execute all merchandising activity including assortment, promotions, and pricing
- Support category strategy and guidelines, incorporating inputs from Guest Insights, cross-functional partners, third party reports (e.g. NPD), vendors and category selling/market trend/competitive set analysis
- Analyze competitor and industry performance, uncovering potential white spaces; assume a curious and creative mindset to identify category / product opportunities
- Analyze sales performance and key metrics to drive conclusions on merchandising and marketing effectiveness; communicate action plans across the Buying team, as well as other departments.
- Provide key executional support to categories - buy plans, promo buys, product/sku audits, discontinued inventory, vendor sales communication, vendor meetings, brand trainings and samples
- Adhere to merchandising deadlines and hand-offs for key brand/product launches and promotions
- Secure samples and gifts-with-purchase (gwps) from assigned vendors/brands; partner with site merchandising, marketing and purchasing to execute sampling/gwps promotions
- Edit brand pages for key vendors to ensure their assortment showcases newness and highlights hero products
- Partner closely with Buyer to ensure support against the category strategies
- Create atmosphere of teamwork and collaboration
The Successful Applicant
- 1-2 ecommerce preferred background
- Analytical and quantitative skills preferred
- Experience in a relevant field: ex. cosmetics, hair-care, ecommerce, overall beauty
- Go-getter mentality
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field
- Organization skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with peers and management
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Attention to detail - thoroughness and accuracy
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills
- Sense of urgency
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, team environment
What's on Offer
- Hybrid Role
- Opportunity for growth in the beauty and wellness space
- Competitive Pay
- Full Benefits
- Growing Team!