- REMOTE WORKING available, or office in Boston, MA
- Third Party Fund Administrator - Private Equity Financial Reporting
About Our Client
The private equity group within my client is over 600 people strong. They are the number 1 private equity third party administrator globally. This particular Financial Reporting division covers the asset class of Private Equity and they are based in Boston, but the role can also be remote (or Hybrid).
Reporting directly into the VP, the main duties and responsibilities of the Private Equity Financial Reporting Associate Director will include the following:
- Supporting business management team
- Managing a team of private equity financial reporting professionals
- Overseeing the preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements, including footnotes and Limited Partner capital statements
- Reviewing partnership abstracts, partnership investment data, investor data and bank reconciliations
- Reviewing and preparing issuance of capital call notices, distribution notices, and management fee memorandums to the Limited Partners including models/calculations
- Reviewing investment activity and maintaining fund investment performance details and calculations
- Reviewing and preparing quarter-end supporting packages (Trial Balance, General Ledger, receivable/ payable detail, allocation support, etc.)
- Responding to investor requests
- Reviewing supporting schedules for annual tax returns, including K-1's
- Active participation in client projects (i.e. new fund/classes launches, closures and changes to existing requirements and processes)
- Having a comprehensive understanding of the client's partnership agreement(s) and all deliverables
- Ensuring all client queries/requests are responded to in an accurate and timely manner
- Conducting special projects and requests
- Adherence to company's internal controls and procedures
- Training Private Equity accountants
This role is an excellent senior management position for someone who is looking to continue to grow in the Third Party Fund Administrator space. Unlike other large third party asset administrators, my client is a hands on, broad, non-repetitive third party administrator where you will gain full exposure to the Private Equity funds and clients. They intend on growing this team significantly in the coming years and it's therefore a phenomenal opportunity to be involved at such an exciting stage in their growth.
This role can be based in Boston, remotely, or hybrid. Apply today for consideration within 24 hour of resume submission.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive compensation package, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field plus related experience
- 8+ years in Private Equity Financial Reporting/ Accounting experience.
- Experience in managing teams.
What's on Offer
- Base salary of between $ 140,000 to $ 150,000 base salary (dependent upon experience)
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Annual equity award (performance related)
- "Associate Director" title
- Generous benefits package
- 401K plan
- Tuition and professional development reimbursement plan
- Work-life balance arrangements/ work from home available