- Identify and capture opportunities to develop foreign direct investment into NSW
- Focus on Technology and Medtech & Life Sciences
About Our Client
Our client is a government agency.
Primary purpose of the role
Based in New York, the position of NSW Trade Associate Director requires an individual who can identify and capture opportunities to develop foreign direct investment into NSW, and NSW exports into the US. The role is focussed on specific priority sectors:
- Technology (including services)
- Medtech and life sciences
The position will require the development and maintenance of extensive networks with companies across the technology (including services) and medtech and life sciences sectors in the US and NSW. The job holder will support both commercial outcomes that create jobs in NSW. The job holder will:
- Promote NSW's trade and investment opportunities and incentives
- Build and maintain bilateral relationships with US city, state and federal governments, as well as business and ecosystem leaders
- Partner with key stakeholders to provide NSW at priority US events for NSW businesses in the US
- Support marketing efforts by delivering services to companies, such as pre-departure briefings, on-the-ground support, arranging and participating in meetings, networking functions, and follow-up
- Apply project management skills to develop and execute lead-generation activities
- Strengthen existing relationships and create new connections with key in-market business decision makers
- Represent the NSW Government in meetings, presentations and negotiations and identify and work with potential investors through their decision-making processes to secure new investment into NSW and facilitate exports to help meet objectives outlined in market plans
- Provide input into strategy development for the attraction of new export promotion
- Build new market contacts and networks across the technology, medtech and life sciences sectors, and relate these contacts and opportunities to NSW businesses to drive exports into the Americas
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Business development or experience in trade promotion and investment attraction
- Experience working in or with the technology and services or medtech and life sciences sectors
- Familiarity with the New York and the US Mid-Atlantic and New England regions
- Working strategically and in a fast-paced environment, demonstrated commercial acumen
- Detailed knowledge of trade and investment
- Demonstrated cross-cultural written and verbal communication skills to accurately report progress and performance
- An understanding of government and the credibility to contribute substantially to international trade, investment and higher education activities
- Market research and conducting market analysis including the use of software and surveys
- Familiarity and comfort with social media technology and platforms
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and complete benefits.
Long term employment.