Associate - Financial Planning & Analysis
Top tier firm
Exposure to variety of RE assets
About Our Client
Leading real estate private equity firm that has experienced tremendous growth the past 10 years. Strong presence in the Central US markets.
The newly created Associate, Financial Planning & Analysis role will heavily interface throughout all departments and portfolio companies and will play an integral role in supporting the performance of and reporting for the portfolio. This role will cover directly or support the quarterly valuations process, internal reporting and analysis, investor reporting, asset plan creations, and the development of an industry leading financial platform. Other responsibilities:
- Prepare and review quarterly valuations for a sub-portfolio of assets (via Argus Enterprise and Excel)
- Develop relationships with Asset Managers and Investment Analysts. Periodically visit properties and attend budget, leasing and asset plan meetings to become intimately familiar with all aspects of assigned properties
- Drive valuation automation projects and assist in enhancing reporting processes, procedures and analytics.
- Assist in other Argus Enterprise processes
- Support annual asset plan process. Work closely with Asset Management and Investment teams. Take ownership for data collection, analysis, report preparation and review of asset plan presentations.
- Participate and/or oversee the integration process into / out of the Client's platform for acquisitions, refinancings, and dispositions
- Coordinate the flow of information and materials with various internal/external parties including: Asset Management, Legal, Finance, Property Management, Treasury, Compliance, IT, Tax, Development, and Accounting
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis and reporting on a variety of portfolio and asset management initiatives. Develop comprehensive understanding of company systems and processes.
The Successful Applicant
The Associate, Financial Planning & Analysis, should hold a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance with at least 3+ years relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
- 3-5 years of real estate financial analysis, valuations, and project management experience
- Understanding of complex real estate investments and financial metrics with the ability to identify unusual trends or inaccurate data. Deep understanding of financial statements and accounting nomenclature
- Strong in Excel and Argus Enterprise skills
- Previous experience with iLEVEL and/or other data repository software
- Variety of asset class experience in office, multifamily, industrial, mixed-use, retail, and hospitality preferred
What's on Offer
Strong basic salary plus bonus and other long term incentives.