- Exciting opportunity to join a bank as in-house counsel
- Role reports to General Counsel
About Our Client
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Associate General Counsel will report to the Bank's General Counsel and handle the following:
- Provides in-house legal resource for bank's commercial lending and special assets officers.
- Drafts, reviews, negotiates and revises a variety of complex commercial lending transactions and related documentation, and documentation pertaining to treasury and securities transactions.
- Liaises with internal departments and affiliates in the development or modification of transactions related to Corporate Banking, Non-U.S. Business and other areas as needed.
- Ensures conformity with regulations and compliance directives and policies (i.e. Bank Secrecy, KYC, OFAC) and offers assistance with other Bank Regulatory requirements.
- Keeps abreast of emerging legislation affecting Banking operations, interprets applicability to existing policies and procedures and communicates accordingly.
- Represents Bank in coordinating decedent matters, certain litigation and legal process matters.
- Liaises/supervises outside counsel on various matters.
- Provides general transactional legal counsel, reviews and/or drafts vendor/IT contracts, cash management products, non-disclosure agreements, and operations/treasury support.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, which fall within scope of responsibility.
The Successful Applicant
- JD from top US law school with excellent academic credentials
- Admission to NY State Bar
- 5-8 years of financial services commercial lending banking legal experience gained at a top law firm, in-house or combination thereof
- Experience advising on bank regulatory matters and compliance
- Experience with complex commercial lending transactions treasury and securities transactions
- Experience drafting and negotiating financial services vendor and supplier agreements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What's on Offer
- Base salary
- Hybrid working environment