Associate Project Manager (Commercial Construction)
Growth Opportunity to become PM
Strong Pipeline of projects
About Our Client
Our client a mid-sized, reputable general contractor in Ft. Lauderdale is seeking an APM to join and grow into a Project Manager.
- To create, update and maintain a variety of project controls that track the status of specific projects, task orders, change orders and RFI's
- Matters involving quality controls, safety, financial performance close-out and other aspects of the project(s) or task order(s).
- Analyze reports and use personal influence to create priorities that prevent delays to critical activities within the project.
- Work with subject matter experts to create, review and process shop drawings and other submittals that are required to document the construction process.
- Manage or support the change management process, by updating logs, routing source documents to vendors, obtaining pricing, developing estimates and proposals, wiring change orders and other related activities.
- Establish, monitor, communicate, and maintain project schedules utilizing contemporary scheduling software.
- Negotiate and/or support the process of negotiating contracts, subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Maintain and regularly produce reports utilizing a combination of Procore Project Management Software and the Microsoft Office programs
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in construction management and/or relative field a plus
- 3-5 years of experience in construction management with a commercial general contractor
- Experience with Procore, CMiC, MS Office Suites or other project management software a plus
- Experience managing small projects or as part of a project team on larger, more complex projects
What's on Offer
- Competitive Salary (Bonus structure)
- Complete benefits package
- Vacation/Sick/Holiday pay