- Bonus Potential up to 25%
- Excellent healthcare benefits
About Our Client
This developer has multiple offices in the Midwest and locations across the Midwest providing short and long-term furnished and unfurnished apartments as well as penthouses with a feeling of hotel living. They have about 70 employees in the company and are looking for an Associate VP to join their construction team. Some additional highlights include:
- Project dependent bonus potential
- Higher than standard 401K match
- Profit Sharing
- Analyzes blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other construction documents to prepare time, cost,materials, and labor estimates for procuring construction materials;
- Estimates costs for materials, purchased and/or leased equipment, subcontracted work, production activities and requirements, and labor;
- Provides preliminary estimates for planning purposes and detailed itemized estimates based on final plansand specifications;
- Reviews data to determine material and labor requirements and prepares itemized lists and communicates challenges and opportunities to the Developer and Owner's Representative;
- Researches and evaluates contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, etc.; solicits bid proposals;
- Analyzes price proposals and other data to determine price structure; assesses cost effectiveness of products, projects, and services;
- Identifies and evaluates potential vendors and manages relationships for national purchasing agreements.
- Supports project team with review of change orders, requests for additional services, and other change documents;
- Works alongside Owner Representatives to evaluate construction schedules for projects under construction;
- Prepares cost and expenditure statements and other necessary documentation at regular intervals and share reporting updates at weekly Development meeting; and Communicates with Developer and Owner's Representative to evaluate contract performance; and maintains proposal status information for outstanding quotations and proposals.
- Provides analysis and reporting of the project critical path schedule.
- Supports the Owners Representatives in managing and identifying procurement opportunities and work back schedules for critical procurement items such as appliances, plumbing, kitchens, light fixture packages and speciality materials.
- Participates in the bidding process and supports the Owners Representatives with analysis, administration, pricing checks, schedule development, contract review, site visits, quality defect items and punch list.
- Provides project administration and reporting support to the Owners Representatives.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Development or related field
- Minimum of five (5) years as a construction cost estimator, supply chain management, project management, and or material procurement and purchasing;
- Competency and understanding of site logistics and material handling;
- Competency in the estimating of earthwork and ground-up construction within the industries of hospitality,
- or multi-family housing for project size of $50MM+;
- Capable of working with tight deadlines and excellent time management skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Certified Cost Consultant preferred.
- Ability to travel 40% (mostly Midwest travel)
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary
- Bonus potential up to 25%
- Profit Sharing based off of project success
- 401K match
- Life Insurance
- Standard PTO and holidays
- Growth opportunities
- Cell Phone