- Opportunity for audit exposure across asset management
- Still able to work fully remote (if interested)
About Our Client
This leading, investment management firm is currently growing its audit function to achieve a number of strategic objectives, including attaining "best in class" audit coverage, strengthening and developing audit methodology and dealing with heightened regulatory requirements due to this growth. In light of this, the business is seeking an Audit Manager to support the Asset and Wealth Management business, to be based in New York.
This dynamic position entails / will be responsible for the following:
- Conducting regional, local and global internal audits, internal controls, risk management, and / or compliance reviews with a focus on wealth and asset management but covering all business lines.
- Assisting the internal audit team with the planning and execution of audits in accordance with IIA and industry standards.
- Conduct fieldwork and perform audit procedures to identify areas for improvement and develop recommendations based on identification of potential risks relevant to the client.
- Perform testing of internal controls and compliance programs based upon regulatory and banking industry standards.
- Perform "best-in-class" data analytics to identify areas of enhancement for banks' control environments.
- Review and detail test controls in the financial institution's environment to source documentation.
- Prepare work papers that are consistent with IIA standards, as well as, established firm standards.
- Assist in providing other risk management services, including risk assessments, model validations, and fraud investigations.
- Assist in providing clients with value-added communications and advice to improve efficiencies or optimize internal controls in their environments.
- Work in a dynamic environment, keeping current on trends, risks, and threats in the financial services environment.
- Assist in special projects, as required.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
Qualifications for consideration include:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, or Management.
- 5+ years of Internal Audit or External Audit experience within the banking or financial services industry.
- Wealth Management or Asset Management experience is preferred.
- Applicable certifications, a plus (CIA, CFSA, CFE, CRCM, CAMS, CRMA, CFIRS, etc.).
- General understanding of internal controls, risk management and banking concepts and practices.
- Must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Solid strategic thinking approach with risk awareness and appropriate judgment.
- Ability to do work both from home as well as in the office (Hybrid model)
Apply today using the link provided and your resume will be considered shortly.
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Extensive PTO
- Flexibility around in-person and work from home
- Lucrative 401k match plan