- Does the design and implementation of automation excite you?
- Be a leader in implementing improvement processes at a growing company.
About Our Client
The employer is a leader in the manufacturing industry as the supply fiber optic solutions that fuel innovation in the medical, scientific, display and defense industries. With over 50 years of experience, my client strives to provide solutions for product development for both local and global markets and prides themselves on providing an inclusive, fast-paced, and empowering work environment.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
This Automation Project Engineer will excel in the implementation of mechanical automation processes and will work hard to provide creative ideas and solutions to promote productivity and efficiency. Already skilled in the automation of manual processes and the ability to conceptualize a design, this engineer will be a self-starter and eager to work closely with a team. In addition they will be:
- Managing projects, assisting in the estimation of internal proposals, and managing resources
- Developing systems and layouts that follow lean manufacturing philosophies
- Leading and directing meetings with team members and machine operators
- Implementing sound engineering principles and statistical methods to assess solutions
- Aiding in the design and definition of automated machinery processes in order to complete tasks
The Successful Applicant
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical, Robotics Engineering or related degree (essential)
- Minimum of 5 years of proven engineering experience in a machine design/build environment (essential)
- Thrives in a hands-on, team-oriented role where they can showcase excellent communication and leadership skills
- Proven experience in automating processes (essential)
- SolidWorks/3D CAD software application experience (essential)
- Fiber Optic Experience is not necessary
If you believe you are a fit for this exciting opportunity, hit apply below and submit yourself today.
What's on Offer
- Opportunity to excel in a position where the work completed has a meaningful impact
- Room and support for professional growth and ability to become a lasting contributor
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- 401k plan