- Great Opportunity to Join a Multinational Organization
- Client is Actively Hiring | Onsite Position
About Our Client
Global leader in the research, design and manufacture of compounding systems for the polymer processing industry, specializing in highly filled and temperature sensitive applications. We apply our extensive engineering expertise and unique technology solutions to the most complex compounding challenges in order to:
- Achieve energy, process and maintenance efficiencies
- Adapt to new and changing productivity requirements
- Obtain maximum throughput
- Provide short-term and long-term return on investment
- Evaluate sales order requirements and insures conformance of electrical and control system designs to the requirements.
- Collects and reviews data for machine design requirements, electric motor and Variable Speed Drive power requirements, and wiring of electromagnetic and PLC based control panels, Motor Control Centers (MCC) etc.
- Research new instrumentation, evaluate and test control panels for compliance to specification at Farrel and customer locations.
- Design and evaluate electro-mechanical machineries as per international safety standards and machine directive (OSHA, 2006/42/EC, ISO).
- Prepare electrical control and instrumentation specification sheets and assist purchasing personnel with technical procurement as required.
- Ensure quality of mechanical designs and purchased components/systems by developing and documenting test plans
- Confer with suppliers on design details, costs, and schedules of purchased products; evaluating supplier parts/systems.
- Must be able to accurately estimate engineering hours and supply quotations for services and other technical projects.
- In designing machine controls, must program PLCs of known vendors such as Allen Bradley, Siemens and HMI/SCADA systems such as Wonderware, PanelView and other similar devices to properly operate, monitor, and make safe the operation of our machinery.
- From time to time make customer presentations in support of selling activities.
- From time to time work independently at customer's facility to assist and advice during installation and start up.
- The job requires domestic and international travel to customer sites worldwide. International experience in electrical/controls design requirements would be beneficial.
- May be required to instruct and train servicemen and other personnel in the installations, operation and troubleshooting of controls.
- Responsible for installation and operation of completed panels and system in compliance with specifications and safety standards.
- Remain cost conscious and practice effective cost control.
- Must be able to properly plan engineering workload, delegate work, and ensure timely completion of all software and automation related projects.
- Must be able to design and document engineering diagrams for large EPC contracts (i.e. Logic Diagrams, Interlock Descriptions).
- Test and troubleshoot machinery control systems.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor or Master's Degree (M.S./ BSEE) from a reputable university in with emphasis on Electrical, Electrical Power Control, Electrical Drives and Advanced Control Systems.
- Experience in designing/testing industrial automation and control systems including PID and other control methodologies.
- The ideal candidate will be an expert in one or more of the following PLC and/or HMI systems - Rockwell Allen Bradley (ControlLogix/CompactLogix), Siemens, Wonderware, WinCC, Panelview Plus and will have hands-on programming experience
- AutoCAD electrical design experience
- Experience with industry standard communication protocols like Modbus, DeviceNet, Ethernet IP, ControlNet, Profibus, ProfiNet
- Experience with AC Variable Frequency Drives
- Experience with machine instrumentation and control system hardware.
- Experience in commissioning and troubleshooting of Industrial Control Systems
What's on Offer