Automotive Sales Engineer
Leading Automotive and Commercial Vehicle Tier 1 Supplier
Working with High Profile Global Customers
About Our Client
Our client for the Automotive Sales Engineer opportunity is a global leading manufacturer and supplier of tube and hose assemblies, manifolds, connectors, and fittings for the automotive, agriculture, on-highway, and off-highway markets. This leading European based company has exploded over the last few years, and due to this growth, the company is need of strong technical sales individuals. This company has been recognized as a Top Performing Supplier for their customers and voted "Best Places to Work" several years running.
The Automotive Sales Engineer will be in charge of managing one of the organization's largest automotive customers. This Sales Engineer will respond to new request for proposals, and then follow up with customers on quotes working with internal and external customer groups to ensure correct actions are taken. This Sales Engineer must be dynamic and able to deal with multiple contacts within an organization internally and externally. Ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of sales experience, or candidates with 1-3 years of experience in quality, design, product or application engineering.
- Build strong customer relationships and strategic partnerships to assess customer needs and recommend appropriate products
- Manage new RFQs coming through the supply chain and create customize quotations
- Follow up on customer quotations ensuring execution
- Respond and take action to internal requests, while also responding to customer complaints and issues
- Work with purchasing and engineering on open action items
- Visit customer headquarters weekly or biweekly to follow up on account maintenance and pursue new business opportunities.
- Work with engineering and product development on new product ideas and prototyping
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 3-5 years of experience in automotive sales or engineering preferred (quality, design, or application engineering)
- Experience with seals, bearings, gaskets, or similar products preferred, but not required
- Strong analytical, decision making and problem solving skills
- Strong math skills (addition, subtraction, margin calculations)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Highly organized and ability to multitask
- Willing and able to travel to meet customer requirements (locally)
- Must have a customer oriented mindset (do what is best for the customer)
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary, bonus, company car and gas card, full benefits 100% paid by company, 401K match 100% up to 6%, holidays.