AVP - AML Investigations
Global Financial Services Firm
Great exposure to senior leadership + Management Responsibility
About Our Client
My client are a prestigious Global Financial Services firm, offering a wide range of products and services to a variety of customers.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The AVP - AML Investigations is responsible for:
- Conducting comprehensive investigations on correspondent banking client's to detect activity indicative of money laundering or other financial crimes.
- They will utilize internal and external investigation technology and research techniques. Based on documented findings, they will draft a written narrative outlining in detail the results and as appropriate, escalate in accordance with documented procedures.
- The AVP is responsible for providing oversight and guidance to the investigations team as well as conduct procedural reviews in order to ensure quality case investigations.
- In addition the AVP will be expected to conduct case investigations as needed as well as participate in the development of technological enhancements
- Participate in Below-the-Line (BTL) and/or Above-the-Line (ATL) testing to ensure/improve model effectiveness
- Keep abreast of new rules, regulations and reputational risks to further improve our investigation processes
- Understand business and regulatory requirements and ensure functions are being performed within those requirements
- Maintain a thorough comprehension of internal AML typologies relating to correspondent banking, Private Banking and Investment Banking clients
The Successful Applicant
The successful AVP - AML Investigations Officer will have:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree
- MUST HAVE a minimum of 2 years in a leadership/management capacity.
- 5+ years as an AML investigator in a transaction monitoring and SAR writing capacity or equivalent experience or education
- MUST HAVE experience of correspondent banking
- Effective decision making skills and strong problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge of AML laws (USA PATRIOT Act), Regulations (Fed, SEC, FINRA) and their application to the supported products/business lines.
What's on Offer
Competitive Base Salary + Bonus + Benefits