AVP, SOX Auditor
Exposure to accounting & finance
About Our Client
The client is an international financial services firm in the broker dealer space.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Assist in all aspects of planning and coordinating the SOX program
- Lead/Participate in walkthroughs of key business processes.
- Prepare status reports on overall program status.
- Assess control design for Entity Level and Business Process Level controls.
- Update / prepare all SOX documents in compliance with established guidelines.
- Identify, document and report design and/or operating effectiveness deficiencies, evaluate remediation plans and track remediation through completion.
- Assist in providing management oversight of the outsourced SOX testing team ensuring deadlines to provide workpapers to third party vendors are met.
- Participate in assessment of SSAE 18 reports for vendor applications
The Successful Applicant
- BS Degree in Accounting CPA certification preferred
- Financial Services industry audit background preferred
- Strong operational and financial audit experience performing audits and/or SOX testing.
- 5 - 7 years' experience with at least 3 years experience in a large CPA firm or an internal audit department of a large financial service firm.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Knowledge of Visio also required.
- IT audit experience also a plus.
What's on Offer
- Exposure to accounting & finance
- Reputable international organization
- Work-from-home flexibility