- Leading global provider of manufacturing technology and services
- Opportunity to oversee the global marketing strategy
About Our Client
Global supplier of manufacturing technology and services.
- Translate business objectives and market opportunities into a cohesive marketing strategy that differentiates brands and optimally positions solutions.
- Establish marketing priorities and content/engagement campaigns to expand awareness and credibility for new customer segments or solutions; and/or to nurture the existing customer base for retention.
- Manage a marketing budget that delivers appropriate KPIs aligned to business objectives to generate awareness, consideration, preference, and opportunities in targeted personas/industry segments.
- Identify and execute areas of opportunity for market research - qualitative and quantitative - to support business priorities and strategies, and conduct the necessary research on target personas, buyer needs, purchasing decisions, etc.
- Continually assess, understand, and present competitive messaging and marketing activities to senior leaders with recommendations to maintain strategic differentiation.
- Manage customer segmentation, campaign development, management, and reporting utilizing digital, social, SEO/SEA, and analytics.
- Develop social media strategy and content plan as an integral and logical part of the marketing strategy.
- Work with the Packaging platform team to identify strategic markets for further research and to conduct market research and analysis that will provide concrete direction to the business.
- Monitor, measure, and analyze the effectiveness of all marketing initiatives and submit monthly/quarterly reports to platform marketing and division leadership teams.
- Work with the marketing team to develop content campaigns that support the division and packaging platform/ create an editorial calendar mapped to business objectives, key objectives, announcements, and events.
- Collaborate with the sales leaders to align the messaging across regions and markets to ensure content online supports the messaging from the sales team.
- Define branding strategy to ensure a consistent global voice.
- Coordinate and manage all communication with trade associations and trade publications, ensuring we have a significant presence for both paid and unpaid advertising and editorials.
- Oversee all coordination and required support for tradeshows throughout the year.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Global & domestic travel, up to 40%.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, business management, or related field
- 10+ years broad experience in marketing, communications, or related function
- Strategic marketing experience multi-platform industrial manufacturing company
- Previous experience leading a team
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, COMPETENCIES
- Excellent project management & organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills and experience in defining target markets
- Excellent understanding of market dynamics and packaging trends in the food, personal, and household care industries
- Previous experience identifying gaps and building marketing teams.
- Experience with a variety of Digital Marketing channels and different marketing practices, including Marketing Automation platforms and tools. Social Media video content production and/or familiarity is also desired.
- Technical acumen to understand automated industrial machinery and translating features & benefits into compelling value propositions
- Experience managing a marketing budget with a key focus on impact and ROI is required.
- High level of oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Possess strong computer skills including the ability to use Microsoft Office products and spreadsheets to analyze data and trends. Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
- Flexible and open to embracing change in a rapidly evolving organization
- Ability to influence and gain credibility with leaders across all business functions
- Ability to successfully interact within cross-functional and/or matrix organizations
- Ability to travel outside of the geographic area as needed, for training, meetings, and events
- Results-driven, proactive & able to work autonomously
What's on Offer
Competitive salary, benefits, annual bonus, etc.