Battery/Energy Storage Developer - Houston
Whilst not a new science in life, it's an ever growing science in Renewables.
Battery/Energy Storage Developer.
About Our Client
A leading solar development company in N. America.
As the Battery/Energy Storage Developer - Houston
- Design commercial and utility scale solar PV systems, including the interconnection design at primary distribution voltages (system capacity range from 500kW to 50MW+).
- Prepare detailed models and technical documents to present solar design/feasibility findings to project stakeholders.
- Analyze and simulate PV project energy generation (PV Syst) and shading analyses.
- Prepare financial models for solar and solar plus storage projects using HOMER or other similar software tool.
- Evaluate the economic, engineering, or pragmatic feasibility of solar PV installation projects based on site and/or building constraints (i.e., constructability assessment).
- Be able to review and interpret electrical drawings, technical specifications and single line drawings.
- Assist the ARM business development team in estimating and selling solar PV systems.
- Manage diverse details from construction means and methods to contract language and legal/risk protection.
- Manage the design, permitting and construction for solar PV projects ranging from $1,000,000 to $50,000,000.
- Maintain complicated schedules, develop project timelines, coordinate with subcontractors, and manage people and materials to complete jobs on schedule and within budget guidelines.
- Attend pre-construction meetings and progress meetings; develop detailed meeting minutes.
- Review and approve shop and electrical drawings from subcontractors.
- Coordinate the construction of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Act as the direct point of contact in communication with clients and stakeholders.
- Assess and mitigate project risks in advance of detailed engineering efforts.
- Generate BOM's for each project, procure bids from multiple vendors, conduct detailed bid reviews, execute PO's for materials, and manage shipping/logistics of materials to site.
- Work with team to refine and improve internal processes.
The Successful Applicant
The Battery/Energy Storage Developer - Houston, must have
- 7+ years of professional experience in business and/or project development or project management;
- 5+ years in the electricity or renewable energy industry would be considered a strong asset
- Bachelor's Degree in business, engineering, project management, finance, law or a related field. Masters preferred.
- Experience and knowledge with inverters, preferably four quadrant inverters.
- Demonstrated track record of consistently sourcing and advancing projects through various stages of development from inception to start of construction
- Strong fluency in project finance, contracts, utility interconnection, permitting and Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) matters
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills coinciding with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment, while possessing the skills to self-motivate and work independently where required to optimize growth in key markets
- Ability to organize time effectively, manage competing priorities, meet deadlines, manage schedules, actively maintain budgets while identifying and mitigating barriers to progress
- Exceptional understanding of customer & ISO market dynamics and future requirements/trends
- Confidence and ability to interact with people at all levels of the organization
- Advanced technical knowledge (e.g., familiarity with renewable and BESS technologies, power markets, legislation, regulatory issues)
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office 365 suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required
- Knowledge and proficiency with CRM software (Microsoft Dynamics 365) considered an asset
What's on Offer
For the right Battery/Energy Storage Developer - Houston, there will be a competitive base salary, bonus, full benefits package.