To lead an important brand for this consumer goods company
This role will report directly to the VP of Marketing
About Our Client
Our client is a growing CPG company, with an important presence in the domestic US consumer market
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Create Positioning and Strategy
- Create the strategy for the entire line and specifically the newly created brand innovation strategies
- Work with the Director of Portfolio - Renovation + Innovation along with the Product Manager to incorporate the longer-term planning process that then moves into the product development process in years of renovation or innovation.
- Ensure knowledge of profitability and plans to pursue improvements over time in conjunction with pricing and format strategies.
- Lead the agencies in the long-term strategic planning process for the brand.
Develop, Align, and Execute the Marketing Plans
- Lead the agencies to develop their respective plans for the upcoming year to build the business (brand building, shopper marketing, and digital / social PR) including messaging and related programs.
- Develop creative and meaningful marketing plans to generate trial, awareness and sales that leverage product news and motivate both the selling team and our retail partners.
- Align plans with sales relative to yearly plans and ASPs and update /communicate as the year unfolds.
- Lead the process to extend all key marketing programs to account level working with the shopper team and our agency to be effective and efficient with the budget.
- Align plans with key additional cross functional groups such as supply chain, CSD, shopper marketing and ecom etc.
- Clarify objectives and set key measure of success for programs in order to evaluate, learn and adapt. Budget, track and evaluate all programs.
- Active involvement in the development and negotiation of all relationships with external brand partners, influencers, or properties / venues.
- Be knowledgeable of profitability by sku across accounts each year and make plans to adjust, improve and leverage as needed.
- Understand and track competitive product offerings, programs and plans.
- Build plan for e com and track these in an effort to deliver long term sustainable growth.
- Create and manage the budget for all marketing related activities
Be an active team member involved in Marketing Research and Brand Insights
- Be an active participant in the U&A and Brand Health tracker.
- Work with the research team on new facial designs as needed.
- Identify, design, and manage additional research projects to build consumer insights.
Build and Develop the Team
- Build and grow the USA agency team and network.
- Be an active participant and provide leadership in meetings
- Be an active participant in creating strong partnerships and assisting in the alignment process across functions that include areas such as Sales, CSD, Customer Marketing, Product Management, Packaging, Operations, Finance and Supply Chain
The Successful Applicant
- Education Required: University degree in Business Administration or Marketing or any related field.
- MBA is preferred
- 7+ years of marketing experience is required.
- 3 to 5 years brand management experience in CPG
- Experienced in AC Nielsen data and working with financials.
- Strong communication skills, comfortable presenting up to senior level audiences.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to build business cases based on insights and data.
- Results oriented and wants to win.
- Ability to lead cross functional teams.
What's on Offer
Great opportunity to join a mid-sized company and get exposure and autonomy to drive brand innovation and market growth.
This role must be located in Bentonville, AR.
Our client will pay for relocation, if the ideal candidate has the right experience and is a local US resident/able to work in the US without VISA sponsorship.