BSA Team Lead
Opportunity to grow skillsets within consumer compliance
Opportunity to work for a well-known company
About Our Client
Our client is one of the leading Asian-American banks, built on small business lending, international trade finance and C&L lending. They are headquartered in Los Angeles, CA.
* Must have a detailed understanding of anti-money laundering legislation in particular to Know Your customer due diligence
* Responsible for managing day to day KYC program to ensure it is compliant with regulatory requirements and in line with the Bank's Policy and procedure
* Responsible to overseeing KYC team to ensure all KYC due diligence documentations are in line with the Bank's KYC standards
* Responsible to drive high quality and timely completion of all due diligence requirements at the onset and refresh of KYC due diligence review
* Responsible for delivering periodic and accurate KYC MIS reports such as High Risk customer trend analysis report, KYC status report, etc. to AML/OFAC officer in timely manner
* Responsible for performance management, and overall development of KYC staff within their assigned tasks of individual team members over time to evaluate performance, learning, and capability to identify special training needs to increase team efficiency and quality
* Must proactively and effectively address any issues to the AML/OFAC officer that might be escalated by either internal or external customers.
* Responsible for reviewing and approving of the KYC due diligence documents and escalate to the AML/OFAC Officer for any relationship termination recommendation in timely manner
* Responsible to ensure that all staff of the KYC team are fully understood of the objectives of the Bank's KYC program and its process, etc
* Perform proactive and strategic KYC processes review and its improvement to ensure team members are high performing and meeting the Bank's quality standard and implement changes as necessary
* Identify root causes, understand connections and implications and evaluate alternatives for issue management and make appropriate decisions that are effective and well-grounded based on guidelines, policies, and insights
* Create an effective and efficient team through continuous communication, timely feedback, and appropriate supervisory practices
* Must fulfill required additional, relevant, tasks appropriated to the role and departmental requirements and ad-hoc projects
* Support the management with internal audit, AML compliance and regulatory review as needed
The Successful Applicant
* Minimum of 7-10 years of experience.
* Have extensive knowledge of client on-boarding AML, KYC and EDD.
* Possesses strong understanding of banking and its product and services, etc.
* Have strong interpersonal skills and written and verbal communications skills.
* Have strong attention to detail and effective time management skills.
* Have strong analytic thinking and critical reasoning skills.
* Have the ability to work independently.
* Must be excellent in details and follow up skills
What's on Offer
Competitive Base Salary and Discretionary Bonus Competitive PTO
Full Benefits including Medical, Dental and Vision