- My client is a local specialty chemical manufacturer
- They are a subsidiary of a $1B part organization
About Our Client
Our client is a manufacturer of specialty chemicals including photoresists and ancillary materials for MEMS, Microelectronics, Advanced Lithography, Specialty Displays, Packaging, Optoelectronics and other technology markets. They are privately held with approximately 100 employees on-site.
- Be responsible for market analysis and identification of new business opportunities for Company products in a given market segment. Conduct market research studies and yearly surveys in the given market(s).
- Provide the appropriate end user insight and end user access to Company products and technologies and to serve as an initial point of contact for Company for new customer opportunities, extracting key requirements/feedback to grow product differentiation.
- Translate uncovered needs into practical actions that assist in the development of sales and marketing strategy of Company products.
- Responsible for contributing to the market strategy and formulation of new product offerings with the team and the business leaders.
- Develop and collaborate with technical staff to develop strategic partnerships and business partners to strengthen execution of business and product goals.
- Create technical literature poster, white papers, and digital media to obtain information about market conditions, business trends, environmental regulations, or industry developments.
- Attend in-person and virtual sales or trade meetings.
- Issue weekly activity reports each Friday, outlining progress against key opportunities as well as activities and issues for potential markets and customers.
- Develop market models, identify emerging opportunities, and contribute to the overall product roadmap strategy.
- Early go-to-market strategic team duties as assigned by Director of Business & Technology Strategy.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Science or related field or related equivalent experience is required.
Higher level advanced studies in Sales / Marketing Strategy & Management are desired.
2-4+ years of technical sales experience desired
Minimum 5 years of industry experience, preferable in polymers and elastomers and or previous technical market/sales development experience in the Consumer and/or medical/pharmaceutical industry.
What's on Offer
- Office Location: Metro West of Boston - ability to commute in regularly
- Travel: Around the northeast to clients
- Compensation: $80-130k base salary commensurate with experience + bonus