Business Development Representative - Construction
Ability to grow with the company
North Shore opportunity
About Our Client
Our client is a mid sized general contractor who specializes in interior construction. They have been in business over 40 years and are a family owned firm. They are looking to expand their business as construction in New England continues to boom.
- Identifies and pursues potential client/project opportunities In conjunction with senior management, develop and implement a marketing strategy to secure construction projects in the Boston area.
- Perform a comprehensive analysis of market potential and maintain thorough knowledge and familiarity with strategic projects and opportunities in the market.
- Prioritize new opportunities by the probability of closing and develop detailed sales plans.
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing and potential clients/owners Identifies opportunities to perform additional business with existing clients Complete client needs assessment - figure out the correct message and the right way to communicate it BEFORE the pitch is made to a prospective client.
- Communicate internally and externally in all stages of project development with estimating and project management. Develop project, market and bid strategies.
- Lead the preparation of the estimates when required. Facilitate client turnover to operations personnel and assist with project negotiations. Resolve problems with clients; monitor customer satisfaction
- Develop and maintain a strong industry network; participates actively in industry and civic organizations to promote corporate citizenship Maintain up to date knowledge of market conditions, trends, and politics that affect the assigned sales region.
- Prepare, report, and take accountability for the new work forecast. Prepare and take accountability for the sales budget. Use contacts and experience to identify and source local partners to create opportunities to successfully win strategic projects.
- Represent Company at industry conferences and events.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have the following skills
- 5 years sales expereince
- Experience in the construction field
- Experience working with a general contractor preferred
- Desire to win and grow business
- Computer skills
- Interior construction experience
- Group up experience is a plus
What's on Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Car allowance
- Paid Holidays
- Healthcare, Dental, Vision