Business Development Sales Engineer - Home Based
Global leading materials manufacturer for unique product applications
Home based position
About Our Client
Our client is a global leader in their market, focused on delivering innovative natural and organic products into the automotive, heavy machinery, marine, packaging and various other industrial and consumer markets. With technical advancement and sustainability at the forefront, their products are sold globally through several channels, including fabricators, distributors, manufacturers, and building materials companies. A truly impressive company.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Plan, prepare, and carry out visits to all customers, reporting results.
- Prospect future business and ensure compliance with agreed annual sales plan, managing margins.
- Answer customer requests/orders, regarding product specifications, prices, availability and shipment of samples in order to ensure a prompt and swift response to customer needs.
- Help solve issues raised by customers (complaints, delivery issues, and payment issues), in partnership with the customer service, production planning and finance department to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Detect, collect, and report relevant information regarding customers / segment, in particular the needs detected in the market during commercial visits, to help global segment strategy and to ensure the suitability of Company's applications and products to market needs.
- Identify and develop joint solutions, together with the customer's or partner's technical team, including through meetings with the technical teams, ensuring technical knowledge on the products' / applications' properties (if necessary with the support of the Global Segment Manager/Global Technical Manager), and the translation of customer needs into technical specifications, with the goal of developing solutions tailored to segment customer needs.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelors degree is required
- 3+ years sales experience in industrial markets selling to Engineers, Buyers, Mid-Senior Level Executives, Business Owners
- Business, Marketing, Engineering, or similar degree
- Proven track record of selling technical products/solutions
- Experience selling to OEM customers
- Aggressive, hungry, results-oriented, go-getter sales attitude with strong client presentation skills - comfortable cold-calling
- Strong aptitude with virtual communication tools i.e. Skype, MS Teams, Zoom, etc
What's on Offer
Base salary, bonus, full benefits, vacation, holidays, etc.