- Highly strategic role with a Global leader in its field
- Lead role involving cross-functional collaboration with local and global teams
About Our Client
Global leader in the Chemical Industry
As the Business Planning Manager you will help to facilitate the 5-year business plan and work to ensure the accuracy and complete coordination of market demand forecasts and manufacturing capacities (including site operations, vendors, logistics, and toll manufacturers). You will aid the Vice President in the implementation of annual strategies.
The planning program will integrate the existing work streams of Market Development, R&D, Product Portfolio, Demand and Supply Planning, Asset Strategy, and financial planning to create a single view of the business performance against our financial aspirations. Other responsibilities include:* Integration and alignment of the Marketing, R&D, Sales, Supply Chain, and Finance calendars, processes, and tools.
* Alignment and integration with Controllers and Financial Planning & Analysis for budgeting and financial processes
* Participating in shaping Supply and Demand Planning strategies, capabilities and processes to improve integration and performance
* Development, deployment, implementation, post-implementation and exploitation of harmonized processes (product/project, demand, supply, integrated reconciliation, and management reviews), systems and program, across all business and functions in alignment with strategy.
* Business Planning drives the development and execution of an Integrated Plan making the primary process used by the leadership team to align, integrate and synchronize the
plans for the business
* Incorporate strategic planning and budgeting cycle. Integrate the financial plan (Budget), the financial forecast, sales and marketing plans, and operations plans; linking strategic, operational and financial goals
* Ensure proper, efficient reporting and analysis on Business Planning performance towards stakeholders
* Partner with the Business Leaders to ensure aligned priorities and continuous improvement of processes
* Drives cross functional process improvement to achieve excellence, via process assessment tools and continuous improvement plan
* Holds the functional leaders accountable to deliver on KPIs
* Maintains the effectiveness of the future organization by coaching and developing the planning organization to create future leaders.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
* BA or BS in Engineering, Supply Chain, or other relevant discipline (MS degree preferred in Business, Supply Chain, or other relevant discipline)
* Minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience
* Good understanding of the Commercial and/or Integrated Supply Chain functions
* Proven track record in team leadership
* Project management experience as project lead in small or medium sized projects.
* Solid understanding of main functional end-2-end processes e.g. Sales Process, Order to Cash.
* Highly skilled in Lean Six Sigma methodologies and tools, process development and change management experience, (Lean Six Sigma Black Belt qualification is preferred.)
* Overnight travel required (~25%)
* Preferred: Experienced implementing and operating S&OP and/or Business Planning
* Preferred: Working knowledge of SAP, systems and processes
What's on Offer
Outstanding primary and secondary benefits package. Career Growth and the opportunity to help build a program and team.