Business Unit Manager
Excellent opportunity for a Techincal Sales Leader to lead a Business Unit
Be a key leader with succession planning to executive leadership
About Our Client
My client caters to the aerospace, and defense industry.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Responsible for business results (Profit and Loss, meeting annual plan, and growth in the value for a business)
- The scope of this position includes: leadership of a cross-functional business unit team (sales, operations, engineering, quality), new business generation, proposal preparation, bookings (orders), Profit and Loss accountability, developing and maintaining customer relationships
- The business unit team is led by the business unit manager. This is considered the primary development position for senior leaders across the corporation. Each quarter, the manager has the opportunity to present their results to the senior corporate staff (CEO, CFO, COO, EVP, and other Portfolio Company Presidents).
- Direct access to senior leadership provides excellent learning opportunities and exposure for Business Unit Managers.
The Successful Applicant
- 4-year college degree (technical degree preferred but not essential)
- MBA preferred.
- Experience with increasing responsibilities
- Broad business knowledge preferred: sales, engineering, finance, nd operations
- Industrial experience preferred.
- Management experience-direct reports.
- Ability to drive results from current and prior positions
- Leadership abilities
- Understanding the details of creating real value
- Good business sense/judgment
- Critical and problem solving
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Open and honest communication.
- Take ownership for their performance and for their team's performance
- Manage and prioritize multiple programs to maximize value creation
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary, performance-based bonuses, 401K, and benefits. In addition, this position has a clear path for succession planning to executive leadership.