- Experience with quoting, purchase orders, strategic planning, tactical?
- Experience within an engineered component/manufacturing environment?
About Our Client
The client is a global leader in the design, development and distribution of extrusion and converting technology.
- Ensures all items with demand have required information in ERP.
- Issues purchase orders to suppliers, ensures supplier commitments are provided in a timely manner and supplier capacity constraints are addressed.
- Works with Engineering and Commodity Managers to support Product Development Process, Product Release Process and cost reduction / part standardization initiatives.
- Assists Expeditors and Manufacturing to resolve supplier issues that will impact customer deliveries.
- Participates in target costing reviews for new products.
- Utilizes cost models/price calculators to ensure pricing for new items is accurate.
- Obtains quotes for items without cost models from approved suppliers.
- Manages and implement engineering changes.
- Manages (disposition) obsolescence.
- Ensures Confidentiality Agreements are executed with all suppliers.
- Assists Expeditors with expediting, as necessary.
- Assists Commodity Managers with sourcing projects as required.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- 2 years procurement experience preferred in an engineered component/manufacturing environment
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Excel a must.
- Experience with ERP based purchasing systems preferred
- Good communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to deal with details a must
- Bachelor's degree in business or engineering preferred
- APICS certification a plus
What's on Offer
- Paid time off
- Matching 401k
- Career development training