- Incredibly unique digital platform focused on a canine supply and well being
- Role REMOTE, from anywhere in USA
About Our Client
My client is a serious pet lover. He has various animal related philanthropic ventures. In recent years, he has identified an opportunity within a group of high-net-worth dog lovers who struggle to find the purebred canines they so desire. He aims to establish a digital platform to assist the high-net-worth dog lovers to find their desired purebred dogs on a global scale while contributing to the health and well-being and improving the lives of these animals. It would also provide opportunities for recreational dog owners to show off the sporting achievements, appearance, and other aspects of their dogs.
With significant backing and investment, he has founded a global tech platform focusing on noble pedigree pets. They are certified by the worlds most authoritative organizations, connecting the world's top supply chain for purebred pets. He has exclusively secured Michael Page to secure his next "Canine Specialist in Breeding & Supply".
To confirm, this role is highly ethical and regulated. The technology finds the high-end pet owners for high-quality, purebred cats and dogs. The platform raises awareness to the live pet trade ecosystem, shaping and standardizing the rules of live pet trade internationally. it ensures a humane breeding environment from the source, and tracks the status of pet throughout. It partners with third party pet certification agencies in depth to raise more awareness to the living environments of pets among pet lovers overseas, through integrated marketing and various events.
Reporting directly into the CEO of the business, the "Canine Specialist in Breeding & Supply" is a full-time position based in New York City. This role is focused on managing all aspects of the organization's pet breeding programs, including collaborative efforts with independent breeders, to fulfill international pet parent's needs. This role and technology will support the kennel and build a bridge between pets and the pet parents.
Main duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Develop short, medium, and long-term goals and objectives of the pet breeding programs in conjunction with the breeders
- Collaborate with team to identify new market opportunities and breed targets
- Collect and analyze data from breeders and other stakeholders to create and prepare reports
- Develop and maintain liaisons and effective working relations with breeders, departments, and individuals to encourage cooperative management strategies
- Draft the standard to ensure that all team members follow company standards (health, and safety) for the pets
- Prepare operational and capital budget based on activities and projects to be undertaken
- Provide feedback and coaching as necessary while maintaining a positive and encouraging work environment
- Provide logistics solutions to ensure the pets safe in the transport
This role is exclusive and retained to Michael Page Boston. Please submit your resume today and it will be considered within 24 hours of application.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Pet lover (essential)
- Strong, relevant work experience in the pet industry (essential)
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, business development, resource allocation, and leadership technique (essential)
- Ability to travel to breeder's work sites on a regular basis (essential)
- Previous working experience in reputable, animal orientated institutions.
What's on Offer
- $ 200,000 to $ 250,000 base salary
- Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision, life insurance)
- 401(k) with match
- Paid holiday, sick days, vacation days
- Employee Assistance Program
- Laptop/Desktop Reimbursement Program