- Position can be either fully remote or hybrid based on preference
- Must be admitted to practice in NY
About Our Client
My client has a preeminent Corporate Finance / Capital Markets practice counseling and representing public companies, boards of directors and investment banks regarding securities transactions, regulatory matters, corporate governance and other issues unique to public companies.
The firm represents newly public companies and small- and mid-cap companies as well as Fortune 500 companies. Corporate Finance attorneys also advise issuers and underwriters in a broad range of domestic and international private and public offerings. They serve as primary outside counsel to more than 100 public companies, many of them among the Fortune 500. The practices and lawyers are ranked in the industry's leading directories including Chambers Global, Chambers USA and Legal 500.
- Handle '33 Act transactional, '34 Act compliance and corporate governance matters.
- Representing issuers, underwriters, agents and financial institutions with respect to public and private offerings of equity and/or debt securities.
- Advising public companies in connection with '34 Act reporting obligations, corporate governance and stock exchange listing requirements.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- High-performing and team-oriented mid-level capital markets associate with three to five years of experience.
- The ideal candidate will have law firm or government experience working on public and private debt and equity offerings as well as Exchange Act reporting, and advising clients on day-to-day governance matters including SEC and stock exchange compliance, public company disclosure obligations and other business and transactional matters
- All candidates must be admitted in New York
What's on Offer
- Cravath-scale compensation
- Generous health benefits that kick in day 1
- 401k contribution
- Flexible work arrangement