Well known Non Profit organisation based in Manhattan
Are looking for a Case Manager to join the team
About Our Client
A well known, growing Non Profit organization who's mission is to support the homeless population of NYC.
The role will involve:
- Provide integrated counseling and case management services that effectively engage youths, and promote personal growth and wellness, housing stability and accomplishment of service plan goals on an ongoing basis.
- Collaborate with youths to assess strengths and challenges and develop an individual service plan that reflects the progress and stated goals of the youth and their children.
- Meet with youths regularly in the office and in the community, including in the youth apartment to determine progress with goals.
- Deliver the Safe-Care model during weekly home visits. Utilize Motivational Interviewing with clients to assist with motivation towards goals.
- Refer to and advocate on behalf of youths with, outside service providers and other collateral services.
- Create and maintain confidential records, charts and logs for youths and their children, documenting all relevant information from individual and group interventions as well as with collateral services.
- Ensure that youths' files are compliant with all regulatory and other requirements.
- Utilize Efforts to Outcomes electronic case management systems for all cases information.
- De-escalates crisis; attends to emergencies following agency protocol, as needed.
- Assists with property management issues in reporting to landlords and ensuring work orders are complete.
- Available after-hours as needed for emergencies and/or case coverage.
- Ability to address sensitive issues with families according to service plan implementation.
- Ability to provide teaching assistance to families on a practical level in life skill areas.
- Flexibility to travel/commute to make home visits and work a late shift as needed.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will:
Bachelor's degree required, preferably in a relevant field.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish preferred)
Minimum 1 year experience in a residential setting working with adolescents and the homeless
Demonstrated knowledge of and experience working directly with adolescents
Strong multi-tasking skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at once required.
Excellent verbal, written and problem-solving abilities and an upbeat demeanor required
Experience working with diverse groups required.
Overall flexibility in work schedule required, including weekends, evenings and holidays if needed.
Experience utilizing evidence-based and other social service models strongly preferred.
What's on Offer
A competitive salary