Sr. Case Manager Needed
Temp to Perm Opportunity
About Our Client
Our client is a nationally-acclaimed nonprofit ending homelessness at its roots by enabling homeless individuals and families to attain quality housing, employment and mental and physical health services.
- Provide direct case management services which will include developing and updating comprehensive service plans.
- Coordinate and document clinical case management services while also documenting the overall effectiveness of the services provided.
- Utilize Motivational Interviewing and Harm Reduction techniques to assist lowincome individuals with a history of homelessness and/ or substance use disorders and/or mental health diagnoses.
- Provide assistance with obtaining and/or maintaining benefits/entitlements and other publicly available resources that may be beneficial to the resident.
- Implement groups with a focus on life skills, education and support, relapse prevention and mental health counseling.
- Complete referrals to medical, mental health, and other outside providers.
- Accompany resident to medical and/or entitlement appointments, if requested.
- Collaborate with Workforce Opportunities Staff to assist resident in developing and
- realizing employment related goals, where applicable.
- Ensure compliance with organizational and funder regulations and documentation.
- Conduct outreach and engagement including unit visits and inspections.
- Coordinate aftercare services and follow-up contacts for post-discharge updates.
- Participate in community development efforts such as Community Meetings and supporting the residence in establishing partnerships with other providers in the community.
- Work with Property Management staff to assist resident to meet terms of their lease including timely payment of rent and avoidance of any nuisance behaviors.
- Provide all services in a manner that respects cultural differences among residents.
The Successful Applicant
- Experience working in homelessness, substance abuse, mental health and/or trauma settings preferred.
- Good communication skills with strong organizational writing and computer skills required.
- Candidates must be self-starters with the skills and energy to work with high-need individuals.
- Strong engagement and interpersonal skills.
- Some relevant experience working with low-income or homeless populations.
- Be familiar with interventions needed for resident with severe persistent mental health issues.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is strongly preferred.
What's on Offer
- Temp to Perm
- Competitive Pay
- Great Benefits
- Mission Driven Environment