- Highly visible role with ample room for career growth
- Must have experience with sourcing PCBAs and other electronic components
About Our Client
My client is a large manufacturing conglomerate located in the Western Suburbs of Chicago. They are a rapidly growing global manufacturer within the electronics space and have ample room for growth within the organization. This is a great opportunity to create, implement and lead a sourcing strategy for a large global organization.
- Develops new supplier relationships that supports and meets company strategy, company performance objectives and customer expectations
- Take responsibility and manage the North American suppliers and developing category strategies
- Source and qualify new suppliers, negotiate pricing, terms and conditions, and set up supplier agreements
- Partner with R&D and Operations to conduct cost analysis to improve margins
- Drive Early Supplier Involvement initiatives to ensure our suppliers are proactively providing input into new product designs and future product road maps.
- Work closely with production, quality, and operations
- Monitor and evaluate compliance and quality assurance of suppliers
- Manage inventory and materials costs
- Work with global procurement and purchasing teams at headquarters
- Manage inventory control and demand pulls
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Operations or Supply Chain Management or related
- 5 plus years of experience in supply chain and procurement within a manufacturing setting
- Strong experience in continuous improvement and lean manufacturing
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to adapt to change working in a global growing organization
- Strong negotiations skills
- Ability to work with cross functionally teams efficiently
- Knowledge and experience in sourcing suppliers, category management, sourcing management, project sourcing management.
- Understanding of lean principles and continuous improvement
- Strong with Microsoft suite of products
- Experience working in a global organization preferred
- Ability to travel 20% domestically and international
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary $140,000 - $150,000 + Bonus, full benefits, 401K, vacation, holidays and being a part of a growing and innovative company.