Category Manager (Indirect Materials)
Must Have Strong Indirect Sourcing Background
Individual Contributor Role - Develop, Lead and Implement a strategy
About Our Client
Our client is a leader in their industry seeking a creative and highly strategic individual to add to their growing indirect Procurement team. This client envisions having a procurement function that is nimble and proactive in implementing high-level strategies. If you are the type of professional who likes a challenge, this could be for you!
- Be responsible for negotiating supplier and vendor performance metrics, sourcing strategies, RFP and bidding processes for Professional Services categories.
- Work closely with multiple levels inside the organization from individual contributors to senior executives.
- The Category Manager, Strategic Sourcing will partner closely with key stakeholders in their group, gain a strong understanding of their needs and develop a strategic sourcing strategy in order meet those needs in the fastest and most reliable manner.
- Work with existing suppliers, yet also be critical in identifying new suppliers on both a local and regional level.
- Work closely with the Director of Strategic Sourcing, the Category Manager will also create, develop and implement new processes and systems within their group and across the organization.
The Successful Applicant
- 3 to 5 years strategic sourcing experience for large, multinational companies that have a complex, matrix style internal structure.
- Similar 3 to 5 years experience in sourcing professional services, with ideally one or more of the following categories: Legal, Business Consulting, HR, Finance, Call Center or similar.
- The Category Manager, Strategic Sourcing will bring new, fresh ideas on how to establish the best processes, systems, and procedures for the team and have experience implementing such processes in their career.
- They will be able to navigate and excel at working within matrix style organizations, where presenting to senior leadership is frequent and common.
What's on Offer
Base salary $120,000 to $130,000 + bonus.