Chief Estimator - General Contractor - Woburn, MA
Stepping into an Executive Role with a well established GC
Joining a team that has a fantastic company culture
About Our Client
They have over 90 years of building experience and have maintained their family-owned culture over the years. They specialize in a wide variety of work, including hospitality, retail, and are looking to grow more into health-care. As of late, they have distinguished themselves as one of the leading general contractors from a technological standpoint, and have instituted a number of cutting edge programs into their operation.
- Oversee teams that develop pricing and finalize estimates from concept through construction.
- Ensure bids and proposal submissions are precise, accurate and submitted on time.
- Direct review of documents, plans, specs and project sites to clarify work scopes.
- Develop Level 1 and 2 project schedules that inform early estimates and preconstruction planning.
- Coordinate with the Virtual Design and Construction team to develop cost, material and equipment data
- Develop strong relationships with trade subcontractors and material and equipment suppliers.
- Ensure complete project scope and coverage
- Solicit and evaluate subcontractor bids and assemble complete bid packages
- Oversee the development prospective subcontractor / vendor bidder lists and release of bid packages.
- Oversee bid analysis and subcontractor shortlisting, and award recommendations.
- Present project facts and figures to win the client's trust and selection as their builder
The Successful Applicant
A successful candidate has:
- Bachelor's degree or higher construction management or a building science
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Proficiency: Timberline Estimating; Procore; Quantity Takeoff; and Microsoft Office.
- Understand sitework, foundation systems, utility installations and soil remediation alternatives and associated costs
- Provide clear direction and inspire excellent performance
- Anticipate consequences and trends, face challenges head-on, and quickly troubleshoot issues to provide solutions
- Negotiate in tough situations with both internal and external groups
- Excellent references attesting to high level of energy, can-do attitude, history of achievement, and co-worker respect
- Demonstrated character/integrity and the ability to support the company, its values, and its clients
- Travel Requirements. 80% office/20% off site. Must be able to travel locally and regionally without assistance
What's on Offer
The candidate will have a great deal of responsibility stepping into a lead role with a great family-led company. They have a great track record of how they treat their team.
They will offer $150K+ dependent on experience.