- Become an experienced Estimator with Chicago's most reputable General Contractor
- Bring valuable insight on preconstruction matters within a collaborative team.
About Our Client
Our client is one of the nation's largest and most respected construction firms, building out world-class interiors with innovative, environmentally-friendly processes. With offices in Illinois and Ohio, this company specializes in commercial interiors and furnishing. Employees can grow their career by developing, challenging, and leading the advancement of the building industry. Employees are given a work/life balance with unmatched benefits.
- Collect historical cost data to estimate costs for current or future products.
- Consult with clients, vendors, personnel in other departments, or construction foremen to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Prepare estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
- Analyze blueprints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates.
- Confer with engineers, architects, owners, contractors, and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
- Prepare estimates for use in selecting vendors or subcontractors.
- Set up cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures.
- Establish and maintain tendering process, and conduct negotiations.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Four years of applicable experience in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, or commercial construction industry.
- Experience in quantity surveying and cost estimating for general construction including some experience in Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing.
- Advanced knowledge of contracting processes, negotiating, and legalities.
- Advanced knowledge of facility design and construction methods, construction activity sequencing, schedule logic, and project planning skills.
- Knowledge of client business constraints.
What's on Offer
- 3-week PTO
- Salary range between $110,000-135,000 depending on experience
- Performance based bonus
- Family plan benefits
- Flexible work schedule
- Opportunity for growth
- Car benefits
- Company outings
- Family culture