- Oversee Inception of Creative Apartment Projects
- Company Project Pipeline Busy Through 2025
About Our Client
Our client has extensive project experience in the commercial, retail, restaurant, health care, education, religious, industrial and multi-family housing market sectors. Their project portfolio features new construction, tenant build-out, interior and exterior renovation. Their past clients include public agencies, not-for-profits, and private corporations.
The Chief Estimator will play a key part in developing a structure to support the recruitment of future estimators.
- Prepare budget estimates, detailed and accurate bid estimates and bid packages, potentially on short turnaround time for projects ranging from $500k to $75MM - ground up construction and renovations/additions.
- Must be able to read and fully understand project drawings and specifications for all trades - Architectural, MEP, Structural, Sprinkler, Fire Alarm, etc. Prepare RFI's as needed.
- Solicit and evaluate scope completeness of proposals from multiple trade subcontractors, and effectively communicate and negotiate with subcontractors.
- Identify and track changes to drawings through addendums, bulletins, and revisions, including follow through with subcontractors.
- Attend job site walk throughs and effectively communicate and coordinate with project superintendents and subs.
- Produces accurate and thorough takeoffs, including pricing of work
- Creates project estimates and analysis of subcontractor and supplier bids
- Conducts post-bid and pre-buy meetings and negotiation/scope review meetings
- Once construction documents are released, works with Architects, Owners, and Engineers to formulate accurate and complete budgets
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
The Successful Chief Estimator will have:
- 10 years' experience in the industrial / commercial construction industry
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction or Related Field
- Multi-trade knowledge and experience (steel, concrete, masonry, carpentry, electrical, plumbing, etc).
- Proficient in computer technology (Microsoft Outlook, Project and Office, etc).
- Strong communication, writing, and interpersonal skills.
What's on Offer
- Competitive Base Salary $110K-$130K Base
- Growth Opportunities
- 100% Paid Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- 401K Match up to 6%
- Profit Sharing
- $1,000 Home Office Reimbursement
- Maternity Leave - 8 Weeks
- Paternity Leave - 4 Weeks
- $25,000 Life Insurance Policy
- Holiday Raffle
- 10 Company Holidays
- Paid Virtual Workouts With Personal Trainer
APPLY NOW AND YOUR RESUME WILL BE REVIEWED WITHIN 24 HOURS!!