Ability to lead an estimating department!
High energy environment where the company promotes from within!
About Our Client
This client is a Portland based General Contractor, operating for over 30 years, who specialize in mixed use properties. They have one of the lowest turnover rates in the Pacific Northwest Region as their culture is second to none.
Responsibilities Will Include But Not Be Limited To:
- Solicit and maintain strong relationships with current and potential clients.
- Prepare and submit proposals, within time-frame and following up until closed.
- Facilitate an effective hand-off to the project manager.
- Monitor budgets throughout the construction process.
- Evaluate and prepare pricing for change orders.
- Update & maintain accurate pipeline reports, track leads, bookings, forecasting, reporting.
- Build out a small department of other estimating professionals.
- Flexible enough to handle some project management duties.
- Ability to lead from the front.
- Utilize technology to actualize on effective project and cost delivery.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Administration, or equivalent related work experience
- Minimum of 10 or more years estimating or project experience on construction projects
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, Experience using estimation software is a plus
- High rise experience
- Knowledge of industry standard construction means and methods
- Understands building systems, materials, design, construction and related management strategies.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with internal peers and executives, as well as CM, Architect and Engineers at all levels.
What's on Offer
A few of the many perks offered by our client are:
- Competitive pay
- Annual bonuses
- Full benefits package