Chief Financial Officer- rapidly growing manufacturing firm
Global technology leader with its US operations based in Chicago
Opportunity to lead the build-out of the North American finance function
About Our Client
With a stella reputation in the technology/manufacturing space globally, this company has set it sights on dominating the US market and is making big, strategic moves to achieve this goal. Having had a very successful couple of years, they are ready to hire a CFO that will lead the US finance function playing an instrumental role in setting up the team and processes to support rapid growth over the next 5-10 years. The successful CFO will work closely with the CEO and senior leadership team to ensure the company achieves its corporate objectives.
As CFO you will be responsible for the following areas -
- Strategic planning & management
- Act as Chief Financial Officer and strategic business partner to senior executive leadership team.
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts.
- Communicate, engage and interact with Board of Directors, CEO, COO and Executive Leadership Team.
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company's plan for growth and expansion.
- Select and engage consultants, auditors and investors.
- Financial Analysis, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss by division, forecast vs. budget by division and weekly cash flow by division.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Identify, develop and execute analysis of business initiatives, product launches and/or new service offerings.
- Financial Management
- Manage cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability.
- Oversee cash, investments and asset management area.
- Explore new investment opportunities and provide recommendations on potential returns and risks.
- Management Responsibilities
- Mentor and develop a team of managers, managing work allocation, systems training, performance evaluations, and the building of an effective and efficient team dynamic.
- Guide larger, cross-divisional teams outside of direct span of control within the three main company divisions.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for this role you should be able to demonstrate.-
Chief Financial Officer (CFO) - Position Requirements
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA Required
- MBA from top 10 business school preferred
- Background in Big 4 Public Accounting
- 6 years minimum experience as a Controller/VP of Finance in a large ($300 million+), publicly traded corporation.
- Outstanding knowledge and understanding of GAAP, IFRS, SOX compliance and SEC reporting.
- Background coordinating with I.T. staff to manage and/or upgrade accounting system. Systems implementation experience strongly preferred.
- "Hands On" ERP Systems Experience
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence and executive presence - ability to motivate staff.
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls and compliance-related issues.
What's on Offer
A competitive base salary along with total overall benefits package including:
- 401k match
- Free Medical / Vision / Dental
- Up to 50% bonus
- Profit sharing