Client has over $150M in projects on the books for 2019!
Work on large, commercial projects in the Portland region!
About Our Client
This client is a Portland-based privately held General Contracting company experienced and knowledgeable in all areas of the building and construction sector. They focus on commercial hotel projects in and around the Portland region.
Responsibilities Will Include But Not Be Limited To:
- Verify accuracy of construction plan measurements of floors, walls, ceilings, etc. and identify discrepancies and take corrective action with Estimating or Project Manager.
- Handling projects that are from the ground up.
- Enforce safety policies and procedures. Make active attempts to resolve labor disputes and personnel problems. Take unresolved issues to Project Manager when needed.
- Schedule and coordinate work crews consistent with project demands and schedule
- Schedule the routing and delivery of materials taking appropriate precautions to prevent job-site theft, organize building access & elevator usage.
- Co-chair weekly project team meetings to discuss project status. Document issues that impact the project schedule or will impact project budget and assign resolution to appropriate individuals in attendance.
- Create a checklist to track and monitor every aspect of pre-construction on a major ground up project such as pre-construction survey, all DOB Permits, etc.
The Successful Applicant
- 5-10 years experience as a Construction Superintendent.
- Experience in ground up & interior work.
- Proficient with software such as Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint).
- Well-developed communications, interpersonal, organizational and teamwork skills are necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction or equivalent work experience is preferred.
What's on Offer
A few of the many perks offered by our client are:
- Competitive Package (Base + Bonus)
- Strong PTO and Benefits