Civil Construction Estimator - MDOT Division
USD110,000 - USD140,000
Top EnR Firm with strong pipeline of projects
Industry leading benefits
About Our Client
Our client is a Large National General Contractor that has a strong background of successful projects in Michigan. They specialize in Heavy Civil / Highway Construction.
- Review quantity take-offs, analysis, estimate, and studies for all items
- Review drawings, specifications and all other construction documents. Make senior management aware of design-related problems, completeness of documents and other potential risks.
- Responsible for the value engineering process during preconstruction for the assigned projects.
- Knowledge of and working relationships with subcontractors, suppliers, vendors and consultants.
- Manage the allocation of work hours for staff assigned to projects to ensure it is within budgetary guidelines.
- Communicate and collaborate with Operations and Purchasing during preconstruction efforts.
- Develop and enhance owner, architect, subcontractor and vendor relations.
- Responsible for the preparation of preliminary estimates and studies during preconstruction to monitor design development cost trends in order to detect over-runs and potential problem areas.
- Ensure assigned tasks are completed and delivered within timeframes allotted.
The Successful Applicant
- Education: four-year engineering degree or equivalent combinations, technical training and/or experience.
- 10+ year of estimating heavy civil / highway work.
- Advanced knowledge of estimating techniques and cost control, plus ability to interpret computerized cost data systems is essential.
What's on Offer
- Strong Base Salary ranging from 110,000-140,000 depending on experience
- Competitive Bonus Structure
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- PTO plus flexible working hours